Watch That Step

It's a Lulu.

Monday, May 01, 2006

You wanna cut what open and take what out?????

Crikey, it's been a long time since I posted. Well, there's a reason.
We are all trying to get my daughter on a list to have a surgical procedure done to take out her gunky, CF lungs, drop them on a plate and put brand new ones in. So, we've been kind of busy.

Liz has been in the hospital for almost 2 months and she is gonna spend her 13th birthday there. One of her favorite television stars, Drake Bell, is a friend of a friend and he is coming to visit her, so that's a nice b'day present, but, it kinda sucks to have spend your transitional, teen birthday in a hospital bed on oxygen with the world swarming around you asking you what you need every 5 seconds. I think it's only a matter of time before she takes a breath and shouts, "leave me the fuck alone!". Since it's my daughter I imagine that will happen soon. Since it's my daughter I also imagine she will say it to me. But she has always had the safety to say whatever she wants to me, so the "f-bomb" should be no different than anything else.

It's been an emotional roller coaster, to say the least but there have been some amazing people that have turned up in our lives. What am I saying? They have been there all along, but the way that people step up during a crisis is astounding. We have had enough food for three weeks thanks to Kristen, Vinny, Iden & Jen. Dave and Julie have offered to clean our house, do our laundry, it's been incredible.

I even managed to get to a couple of auditons during the whole thing and got to make Robert "Freddie Krueger" laugh, so that was a treat. He was directing a movie that I was up for. My guess is I didn't get the part but I did get to run into a comic who used to date my wife and I freaked him out when I intro'd myself as Beth Kirkpatrick's husband....

So, looking for normalcy in a world turned upside down is a challenge. Like talking aardvarks, health crises are a unique magnifier of people. You learn a lot about the very nature of people.

Off to the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home